Thursday, May 26, 2011

A (Sort Of) Brief "Hey There"

I'm Nikki. And, obviously, this is my blog.

I'm in my twenties and still searching for my meaning. I'm a huge supporter of all things arty or crafty and pursue several creative endeavors. Through an obscene amount of contemplation, I've decided to put myself out on a limb and attempt to make a living with my work.

Art is what I love. Art is what I do. Art is what makes me happy.

I'm at my very best when I'm able to watch my ideas come to life by my own hand. And I feel most accomplished when I look down to realize I have ruined yet another shirt or pair of pants or when I look in the mirror and notice chunks of dried glue in my hair.

I'm hoping this blog will expose people to my art and open doors. I want people to see the love I have for what I do through my work. I hope to inspire. I hope to help someone realize their true appreciation or love of art. (I hope to make some money!) Haha.

I'm also hoping to open an Etsy shop very soon. I do commissioned work upon request, so please feel free to contact me through comment here or by email.

I am also an extremely concerned animal lover. That is why a portion of all sales of my work will benefit my local animal shelter: Animal Rescue of Carroll! Please visit their site or contact me for details.

Everything here is 100% my work. And whether you love it or hate it, always feel free to let me know!

Nikki xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment